Translated from German, Liebster Blog means “Dearest Blog”. Thank you Cassidy and Sara. All Blog awards seem to have rules attached to them so here they are for the Liebster.
- Answer the eleven questions your nominator posed to her/his nominees
- Write eleven questions to pose to your own nominees
- Pass the award on to eleven others
Here are my answers:
1. Why are you a writer? Because I already tried to sing and dance! Seriously, I have always been a storyteller. I just decided to go from verbal to written word.
2. How do you come up with your ideas? Keeping an open mind and day dreaming…alot!
3. Where is your favorite place to write? My home office or on the deck at the cabin.
4. What do you do besides writing? I have interests that would fill up a legal pad. However, the ones that get the most of my attention are archery, fishing, knife-making, gardening, and reading when I’m not creating business continuity plans at my full-time job.
5. Is writing a hobby for you or a career/career path? It is a hobby that I am trying to convert to a career.
6. Do you think writers should have to be decent editors of their own work? I believe that I have to do a good job of editing before it goes to my test readers to ensure they can focus on the areas I need help with. The cleaner the MS is prior to them getting it. the better it will be when they finish with it.
7. What do your friends/family members think of you writing? They are supportive and helpful as alpha readers.
8. Do you have any inhibitions when it comes to writing? Yes. Writing sexual scenes are awkward and difficult to get right.
9. What type of main character do you prefer to write/read about? Characters who have had a difficult time with life but have achieved some level of success. They still have major flaws that cause them no end of grief as they tackle the challenges of the main plot.
10. Do you prefer writing or reading? I am leaning toward writing as I get better at it.
11. How often do you write? This is a tough one. I try to write something every day. For sure, I write a few times a week.
Here are my questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite POV to write in? Why?
2. What are some favorite objects that share your writing space?
3. What do you do besides writing?
4. Dogs or Cats?
5. How often do you submit work for critique to your writer’s group?
6. What are your favorite books in your genre? Outside your genre?
7. When writing, how do you connect with a character that is your polar opposite?
8. Why do you write in your chosen genre?
9. If you could sit down with a famous author for an hour, one on one, who would it be and why?
10. Do you read more or less than you did in High School?
11. What do you enjoy doing when not at work or writing?
The following Blogs are excellent locations for advice, ideas, and humor. I admire and respect everyone of them. (I have left a few others off this list only because they were nominated with me as well.)
My “Dearest Blog” Nominees are: